Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dinner

The Yankees will play through Sunday dinner. That’s the price of baseball on the west coast and everyone in the Bronx is ready to pick up their share of the tab.

Jose, who lives up on the Grand Concourse, is going to wait and grab something after the last out.

“I’ll meet up with some of the guys,” he said. “We’ll get dinner and talk about the game. I don’t care about the food, but I hope the conversation is good.”

Jon from High Bridge is having dinner at his mother’s place.

“She’ll have everything on the table early,” Jon explained. “We won‘t miss the first pitch. She’s done this before.”

Javier has done this before, too. He plans to dine in front of his television.

“I’m gonna pick up from the chicken joint,” Javier explained. “I’ll get a big box of chicken and one of everything on the side – mashed potatoes and corn and cole slaw and beans and french fries – and maybe I’ll go ahead and get some dessert.”

Javier smiled and then continued:

“But I’ll save the dessert until after the Yankees win.”

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hmmm, dinner plans can be a challenge on days like this.

Henry said...

I’m ordering a pizza.

JoeyBoy said...

Chicken and pizza. That all sounds yummy. Put me down for two of everything.