Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Longest Day

Sunday-night baseball makes for a long day in New York. A win by the Yankees on Saturday made the wait a bit easier to take.

Andy Pettitte worked hard for that victory.

“I was able to mix it up enough to hang in there for six innings and give the team a chance to score some runs,” Pettitte said. “I expect us to play well and I expect us to win. We are a good hitting club. I think we should knock tough pitching around. We have those kinds of players.”

Those players make the wait worthwhile.

3 comments:

JoeyBoy said...

The Yanks are playing well. Tonight would be a nice win to get, but they just need to keep grinding it out for the last two months.

Henry said...

Yup, just keep playing well…

Ron W. said...

I am happy with taking two out of three in Boston with how well they play at home. Now, we have to keep it going against Baltimore.