Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Piece Of The Pie

Jason Blevins showed interest in something other than baseball this morning. He bought the newspaper and settled in at the back of the 2 train to get the latest details on the presidential campaign.

He was most interested in the pie story. There has been talk about big pies and little pies and growing pies and shrinking pies. And then there were all the pieces: More pieces and less pieces and bigger pieces and smaller pieces.

“I don’t even know what kind of pie they’re talking about,” Blevins said. “I like cream pies – banana cream and coconut cream – but fruit pies are better. Apple is my favorite.”

Blevins laughed to himself.

“Maybe they’re talking about pizza pies,” he said. “There’s that old Yogi Berra story about the time he ordered a pizza and the waitress asked: ‘How many pieces do you want your pie cut into?’ So Yogi said: ‘Four because I don’t think I can eat eight.’”

Blevins shook his head.

“It always comes back to baseball with me, doesn’t it?”

4 comments:

Donna said...

Politics are important although baseball is a lot more fun.

Henry said...

Plumbers who aren’t really plumbers or pies that aren’t really pies. What are we going to be talking about tomorrow?

JoeyBoy said...

Pies? What's next?

Ron W. said...

It comes back to baseball with me for sure.