Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ready To Play

Cold weather should be expected these days, but the morning bite still surprised some that gathered outside a bodega on Gerard Avenue this morning.

“It feels like winter is just about here,” said Jon from Highbridge. “I knew it was heading in our direction, but I didn’t think it would get here this fast.”

“Well,” someone said. “It is December after all.”

“Is it really?” Jon laughed. “That kinda snuck up on me. But at least it means we are finally getting somewhere. First the holidays and then the New Year and then baseball will be on top of us again.”

“It seems like baseball stays on top of us,” someone said. “There is trade talk every day.”

“But that’s just talk,” Jon scoffed. “I’m ready to play.”

5 comments:

Donna said...

It is supposed to snow tomorrow so I think winter is officially here by my standards.

Pete said...

It is freezing outside. But I am sooooo ready to play baseball.

Henry said...

I just got home from work and the wind is really whipping. Yes. Winter is really here.

sports fAnAtIc said...

a bit off subject. i plan on travelling from north texas to yankee stadium in the summer to visit the house that ruth built. if you have any advice or tidbits on how to travel around the stadium or the bronx could you please comment them on my blog. You should have some advice since you are a season ticket holder! thx alot.

Todd Drew said...

Wow, that’s a big question, but I’ll try to help. I’m glad to hear you are coming to the neighborhood. I recommend a Stadium Tour if you have the time. They have them even on game days, but you just aren’t allowed in the clubhouse. It’s the best way to see Monument Park, too. Tier Reserved seats are the best deal, especially if you can get something in the infield. Check out the Crown Diner on 161st Street before or after the game. They have the best chocolate donuts in the world. I’ll try to think of more stuff. Maybe I’ll even do a post.