Sunday, April 20, 2008

Not Perfect

Sometimes all you need is a new day even if it isn‘t a perfect day.

The Yankees played through thunder and lightning and downpours and rain delays and got a win in Baltimore today. It was better than the first two games of the series and they’ll take it.

“It could be better,” Joe Girardi admitted, “but I’m a the-glass-is-half-full guy.”

And that’s what the Yankees are at 10-10.

There have been some rough games for the young starters, but Girardi is standing behind Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy.

“I believe in those guys,” Girardi said. “This game is hard, but I’ve seen the talent. We are going to get were we need to go and they are going to be a big part of it.”

Andy Pettitte showed them the way today with seven strong innings.

“Andy was outstanding,” Girardi said. “His stuff was sharp from the start and he gave us exactly what we needed.”

They didn’t need Alex Rodriguez coming out of the game in the sixth inning with a stained quadriceps muscle, but he seemed confident about a quick return when speaking to reporters after the game.

“I don’t plan to miss any time,” Rodriguez shot. “We’ll see how it feels in the morning, but that’s the hope in a perfect world.”

It wasn’t perfect today, but it will have to do.

3 comments:

JoeyBoy said...

A win always helps a team feel better. I hope they can carry this into Chicago.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ron W. said...

That game was a good start.