Saturday, April 19, 2008

Positives

The guys were sifting through the newspapers around Juan Carlos’s coffee cart earlier today. They were looking for something to pull them through the rest of the afternoon and into tonight’s game.

“I’ve got it,” Javier shot. “This is from Phil Hughes.”

Everyone turned as he folded back the sports page and passed on a message from The Franchise:

“We want to win games, but it’s good that I pitched better and that there’s something I can look back on that’s positive. I was able to command my fastball. I was in better counts. It’s tough because usually improvement means you win, but the way things have gone, you take any positives you can.”

They all nodded.

“I also heard that Joba might be back tonight,” Javier said. “I think we’ve got all the positives we need. Let’s get a win tonight.”

“Yeah.”

2 comments:

Henry said...

Hughes pitched well last night. That is all we can ask of these kids. They need time to grow.

JoeyBoy said...

Joba’s back. Excellent.