Thursday, August 7, 2008

The News

Jon got the news on the 2 train.

“A guy at Chambers Street last night noticed my hat,” Jon explained. “He asked if I’d heard the news about Joba. I shook my head and prepared for the worst. Then he gave me the best news I could have hoped for.

“I know that rotator cuff tendinitis isn’t a good thing,” Jon continued. “But it’s a whole heck of a lot better than a lot of other stuff that has been going through my mind. Maybe he’s back in a few weeks or a month or maybe it’s not until next year. I just want him to come back strong and healthy.”

Jon paused and a thin smiled slid across his face.

“That kid makes watching baseball a lot of fun,” he said. “Knowing I have that to look forward to makes a temporary setback like this easier the take.”

3 comments:

Ron W. said...

That was a nervous two days. I am glad the news was as good as could be expected.

Donna said...

Whew, Joba is going to be fine. That is the best news I've heard in a long time.

JoeyBoy said...

It sounds like the Big Boy just needs a little rest.