Thursday, November 22, 2007

Obvious

Javier from Walton Avenue peeled the lid off his morning coffee and asked the obvious question.

“What are you guys doing for dinner?”

Everyone laughed.

“I’m going to my in-laws,” said Jon from Highbridge. “Dry turkey, dry mashed potatoes, dry conversation, but plenty of beer.”

“Doesn’t the conversation pick up when everyone gets a few beers in them?” Javier asked.

“My father-in-law and I are the only ones who drink and we are quiet drunks,” Jon said. “That, at least, makes the day bearable.”

“There’s always a lot of trash after the big feast,” said Fat Paulie who works at a building on Gerard Avenue. “I gotta get it all bagged up. Thanksgiving dinner ain’t so pleasant the day after.”

“It ain’t all that pleasant the day of either,” Jon shot.

Everyone laughed at the obvious answer.

1 comment:

Henry said...

I hope everyone has a decent day. We will talk baseball tomorrow.