Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Go From Here

The 2 train was slow this morning.

The automated voice said: “We are being delayed by train traffic ahead. Please be patient.”

Patience runs thin during rush hours, but early in the morning – before 7:00 a.m. – delays are taken in stride.

“It’s not all bad,” said the man sitting next to me. “At least now I can finish the newspaper.”

“Is there any good news today?” I asked.

“Not too much,” the man said. “The Yankees lost and there’s still no real news on Joba.”

The man turned back a few pages in his newspaper and then continued:

“There is this quote from Joba that made me feel a little better: ‘Life’s too short to worry. You hope everything will be okay and you think it will be, and you just go from there.’”

“So I guess we should be able to go from here?” I shot.

“Yeah,” said the man.

4 comments:

Henry said...

We just got to get the Big Guy healthy.

JoeyBoy said...

...And Wang, Hughes, Matsui, Posada...

Jessica Lee said...

Hughes will be back soon. Hopefully, Wang will be back sooner than later. So does Matsui. I still believe we will make it.

Todd Drew said...

Jessica,
You got it. We are going to make it.