Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Perspective

That two-run homer in the fourth inning didn’t seem like a big deal this morning and neither did the three-run shot in the fifth or the game-winning grand slam in the ninth.

The Bronx gained some perspective last night and the guys eating breakfast around Juan Carlos’s coffee cart were focused on reality.

“It’s amazing how quickly your outlook can change,” said Jon from Highbridge. “One minute it was about winning the ballgame and all that mattered the next minute was Joba’s shoulder. A game just doesn’t mean much when you consider the health of a player.”

Jon paused and shook his head.

“I just want the kid to be okay.”

Everyone nodded and crossed their fingers.

3 comments:

JoeyBoy said...

That was a crummy night, but I am hoping for some good news today.

Ron W. said...

I have my fingers crossed and I am thinking positive thoughts.

Ron W. said...

It worked. Joba's going to be OK.