Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Building Trust

People in the Bronx trust Brian Cashman.

“I once saw him eating lunch at El Nuevo Caridad in Washington Heights,” said a man on the 2 train this afternoon. “I want over and told him some things I thought about the team. He was nice and nodded a lot, but about halfway into the conversation I remember saying to myself ‘Why are you bothering this guy? He knows what he’s doing so just go sit down and shut up.’

“I’m sure he hears from fans all the time,” the man continued. “But he won’t hear from me again. I trust him to do his job because he’s done well with it.”

The Yankees have entrusted Cashman with a new three-year contract.

“I think he’ll have a good plan to rework the team this winter,” the man said. “I won’t speculate on any moves or trades and I won’t even offer an opinion if I see him out at lunch.”

The man smiled and said:

“I’m confident I’ll have lots to cheer about on Opening Day.”

3 comments:

Henry said...

I think Cashman is on the way to building a winner. I hope it comes next year, but no matter what I do think it is coming.

JoeyBoy said...

OK, Cash. It’s time to go to work!

Ron W. said...

Let's wrap up that unfinished business.