Friday, October 10, 2008

Looking For Luck

My friend Javier was looking for some luck this morning. But things went sour when he stepped on the 2 train.

“I don’t believe it,” he groaned. “Some drunk puked on the train yesterday, too.”

“Wow, what are the odds of someone puking on the train?” someone shot sarcastically.

Javier smiled and sucked in the bitter smell.

“At least they hosed it out,” he said. “You take what you get sometimes. It may not be perfect, but it’s better than some people got.”

A thin smile slid across Javier’s face.

“Besides,” he said. “I’d rather save all my luck for the Yankees.”

3 comments:

Henry said...

We all need to save up our luck for the Yankees.

Olivia said...

Yuk! I guess people in the Bronx are tougher than me.

JoeyBoy said...

Not necessarily tougher, Olivia. Just a little less squeamish maybe.