Tuesday, October 7, 2008

One Of The Family

Carl looked worried when got on the 2 train at 125th Street this morning. He grabbed a seat and flipped through the newspaper.

“There’s no news,” he said to everyone within earshot. “How could there be no news?”

“What are you looking for?” someone asked.

“Mariano is having surgery today,” Carl explained. “I want to know when it’s scheduled for and how long it will take.

“It’s supposed to be minor,” he continued, “but I’m still anxious for news.”

Carl laughed to himself.

“I talk about Mariano like he’s part of my family,” he said. “I know that sounds ridiculous, but it’s not that far off.”

Carl shook his head and went through the paper again.

“I know everything is gonna be fine,” he said. “But I just can’t believe there’s no news.”

2 comments:

Ron W. said...

It’s good that Rivera is having this done now. The rehab sounds short so he should be on a normal schedule in the spring.

Henry said...

One good thing about not making the postseason is that Mo gets to have his surgery early.