Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Favorite

Someone finally took a stand in the Bronx.

“I think Tony Pena should manage the Yankees,” said Javier from Walton Avenue.

“But you liked Mattingly yesterday,” someone said.

“I was thinking about it last night,” Javier said. “I really like ‘The Tony Pena’ at El Nuevo Caridad.”

“The codfish salad from that joint in Washington Heights?” someone asked.

“Yeah,” Javier smiled. “It’s my favorite.”

“So you’re backing a manager because of codfish salad?” someone laughed.

“The little things can make a big difference in a close ballgame,” Javier explained. “I think Mattingly and Girardi would be great too, but codfish salad gives Pena the edge with me.”

“It’s not much of a stand,” someone said, “but I guess it’s something.”

1 comment:

Henry said...

I will not be disappointed by the choice for manager because I like all three.