Monday, July 21, 2008

Hot Seat

Yankee Stadium was hot yesterday.

“It was like watching baseball on the edge of a volcano,” said Colin, who sat in Section 31. “The sun beat down on us and made for a long day. I’m exhausted, rung out, used up and I didn’t even do anything. I don’t know how the players go out and perform in weather like this.

“Jose Molina had one of the toughest jobs on the field,” Colin continued. “Catchers always work hard and all the equipment makes a hot day even hotter. That throw he made to end the game (catching Rajai Davis stealing) was incredible. I could barely lift my arms to clap and he’s nailing base stealers.”

Colin wiped his forehead and smiled.

“I guess that’s why Jose was behind the plate and I was behind the foul pole in Section 31.”

3 comments:

Ron W. said...

That was a hot one. I was in the shade down the third base line and I thought that was unbearable. The people in the sun roasted.

JoeyBoy said...

I hope the bats heat up like the weather.

Donna said...

Hey joeyboy, the bats are coming around.