Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Focused

Derek Jeter – not wanting to waste those little sticky notes – is always posting verbal reminders:

“We haven’t accomplished anything,” Jeter said after last night’s win. “We have to stay focused and keep playing well.”

Message received:

“He always says the same thing,” said Javier from Walton Avenue. “The funny thing is that I still need to hear it. The mood of this neighborhood hangs on Derek Jeter’s words.”

Javier – like all serious fans in the Bronx – takes his lead from The Captain.

“If he says that we need to stay focused then we will stay focused.”

4 comments:

Pete said...

Jeter is amazing. He always knows what to say and how to say it.

Larry Jaffe said...

I am with Javier. I tried to explain same on Pete's blog last night when they were cutting down Boston. I said it don't pay to cut down the opponents.. we do it on the field not with our mouths. I got accused of being an elitist fan. Imagine that me elitist. I said we gotta be tough and professional not bullies.. whatcha think todd?

Todd Drew said...

Larry,
I agree. You play to win, not for others to lose.

Larry Jaffe said...

i figured we would be on the same page.. thanks man...