Wednesday, September 19, 2007


Derek Jeter – not wanting to waste those little sticky notes – is always posting verbal reminders:

“We haven’t accomplished anything,” Jeter said after last night’s win. “We have to stay focused and keep playing well.”

Message received:

“He always says the same thing,” said Javier from Walton Avenue. “The funny thing is that I still need to hear it. The mood of this neighborhood hangs on Derek Jeter’s words.”

Javier – like all serious fans in the Bronx – takes his lead from The Captain.

“If he says that we need to stay focused then we will stay focused.”


Pete said...

Jeter is amazing. He always knows what to say and how to say it.

Larry Jaffe said...

I am with Javier. I tried to explain same on Pete's blog last night when they were cutting down Boston. I said it don't pay to cut down the opponents.. we do it on the field not with our mouths. I got accused of being an elitist fan. Imagine that me elitist. I said we gotta be tough and professional not bullies.. whatcha think todd?

Todd Drew said...

I agree. You play to win, not for others to lose.

Larry Jaffe said...

i figured we would be on the same page.. thanks man...