Monday, September 3, 2007

Joba Shirt

The first Joba Chamberlain T-shirt was spotted at Yankee Stadium a week ago. It was homemade with “Joba” and “62” done in masking tape.

“I couldn’t wait,” said Marcus from Walton Avenue. “I really wanted a shirt and nobody was selling them.”

New York City is now full of Joba T-shirts. They are blue with “Chamberlain” silk screened in white over a big “62.”

“I bought one,” said Marcus, “but I like mine better. Those fancy ones should say ‘Joba,’ too.”

That’s what the crowd chants.

“Boy, he’s something,” said Marcus. “The place really gets going when he comes into a game. And when he gets a strike out, well, you’ve really got to be there. It‘s nuts.”

Chamberlain will get his chances against Seattle and Marcus will be there wearing the first Joba T-shirt.

“I’m going to stick with my masking-tape job,” he said. “It’s worked so far.”


Henry said...

Joba, Joba, Joba, Joba!

Wolf In Pinstripes said...

I'm still way overdue getting my "Got Melky" shirt. Joba's going to have to wait for me until I get caught up with that one. ;) I'm a total Joba fan though, and I see a replica jersey in my future. Next year is going to be a blast to watch him develop.

Kelley said...

can somebody find me the joba the hutt shirts i saw around the stadium? people starting having them right around the boston series and i couldn't find one before i left new york =(

Robert said...

don't know if these are the Joba the Hutt shirts you are looking for, but pretty funny.