Monday, September 3, 2007

Joba Shirt

The first Joba Chamberlain T-shirt was spotted at Yankee Stadium a week ago. It was homemade with “Joba” and “62” done in masking tape.

“I couldn’t wait,” said Marcus from Walton Avenue. “I really wanted a shirt and nobody was selling them.”

New York City is now full of Joba T-shirts. They are blue with “Chamberlain” silk screened in white over a big “62.”

“I bought one,” said Marcus, “but I like mine better. Those fancy ones should say ‘Joba,’ too.”

That’s what the crowd chants.

“Boy, he’s something,” said Marcus. “The place really gets going when he comes into a game. And when he gets a strike out, well, you’ve really got to be there. It‘s nuts.”

Chamberlain will get his chances against Seattle and Marcus will be there wearing the first Joba T-shirt.

“I’m going to stick with my masking-tape job,” he said. “It’s worked so far.”

4 comments:

Henry said...

Joba, Joba, Joba, Joba!

Wolf In Pinstripes said...

I'm still way overdue getting my "Got Melky" shirt. Joba's going to have to wait for me until I get caught up with that one. ;) I'm a total Joba fan though, and I see a replica jersey in my future. Next year is going to be a blast to watch him develop.

Ms. Mao said...

can somebody find me the joba the hutt shirts i saw around the stadium? people starting having them right around the boston series and i couldn't find one before i left new york =(

Unknown said...

don't know if these are the Joba the Hutt shirts you are looking for, but pretty funny.

http://www.jobathehutt.com/