Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Talking Mood

Juan Pedrosa from Gerard Avenue was in a talking mood this morning.

“Didn’t you think it was hard to get a read on last night’s game?” he asked no one in particular.

“I thought that ball Wells ripped in the second was headed for the gap,” he continued. “I jumped out of my chair when Damon ran it down.

“Then there was Giambi’s grand slam,” he went on. “Off the bat I was saying, ‘I hope it’s deep enough to score the runner from third.’ The ball went out easily. Sometimes I just don’t know when it’s on television.”

“What about Posada’s homer?” someone asked.

“I didn’t know it was out,” Juan admitted, “but I knew it was hammered. I don’t think it would have made a difference if I was there because it was a liner just like one of Reggie’s in the ’77 Series.”

“Were you there for that?” someone else asked.

“Yeah, but I was in the upper deck out in right so I got the best look at the last one. Reggie’s third homer in game six will always be from that view. It went up and just kept going and going. It was something.”

“This team is something, too,” someone offered.

“They’re good,” Juan agreed. “They’ve really come together in the last couple of months and I think they can make a run at the whole thing.”

“Who’s pitching tonight?” someone asked.

“Mussina against McGowan,” Juan said. “Man, I could talk about this stuff all day.”

2 comments:

Henry said...

I DO talk baseball all day.

I also try to mix in a little work…

DMan said...

Eh, works overrated, stick with the baseball talk.